Monday, June 07, 2010

Jobless Again And Again...

This is one of the reason why I hate those people who want PPSMI to be abolish. I guest the writer has more brain from them. Who is them? Should I mention it here? I guess not.

As a result,
User interface = Antaramuka pengguna
Mouse = tetikus
Joystick = Kayu Ria atau Batang Keseronokan and many more translation.

Isn't funny???... Maybe not for them.

Let's read what been written below:

REFERRING to “Why many opt to study abroad” (The Star, June 3), I agree that language is one of the reasons. I am a final year Science student at one of Malaysia’s leading universities.

It saddens me that the majority of subjects are taught in Bahasa Melayu. And worse, some lecturers want us to translate the study materials from English to Bahasa Melayu!

I have consulted the respective lecturers on this matter and their reply is the same – “Bahasa Melayu is our national language”.

Yes, I understand that, and am supportive of the use of Bahasa Melayu, but not for major subjects like Science. Elective subjects are currently using Bahasa Melayu.

There would definitely be a language barrier when it comes to work. Can I apply the scientific terms that I have learned if I were to work in international companies who have invested in Malaysia? Surely not. This results in overseas graduates being the preferred choice.

Don’t get me wrong. I am not condemning Bahasa Melayu. I just feel that in certain fields, English should be given priority. After all, we want Malaysia to able to compete internationally with developed countries.

UNDERGRADUATE,
Bangi.

No comments: